Sunday, October 23, 2011

Hurry up and Waiting Room


Running as fast as I can


Friday's chemo session came and went - The Keystone Cops on-than-off-than-on-again morning finally eased into Nurse Janet tending me for seven hours. She administered seven drugs, providing a little something for everything.

My comfortable little room allowed me to set up my laptop and work through the afternoon. Thompson was able to come up and join me for the last hour and a half. He was able to partake in a sandwich break and a tour of the facility.

Prior to my first session I had been prepped to expect a large room with a lot of folks hooked up to receive their treatments. What I found instead, happily, was a group of well spaced rooms, some with fountains and bamboo gardens outside their windows, all totally private with snug lounge chairs, televisions and the semblance of a private nurse. 

Bryan Hemming Cancer Care Center at the California Pacific Medical Center
Not a get-in-line-for-the-experience adventure, but a respectful and comfortable way to work through chemotherapy.

No comments:

Post a Comment