Wednesday, February 29, 2012

The Patient Who Came to Dinner


I don't know if you ever saw the movie "The Man Who Came to Dinner," but it's about a dinner guest who injures himself and then just stays and stays and stays and drives the hosts nuts.

I kind of feel like that guy at the moment, the guy who's overstayed his welcome. There's nothing much for the nurses to do for me anymore....I'm done with all the therapy and I'm not on any medication...but until the drainage from my lungs is reduced they can't let me go home.

I'm making progress every day and getting stronger. I've walked the halls many times over. But the voice and breathing are still challenged because the lung hasn't inflated yet and I still have those two drainage tubes. So even though the bad news is everybody is ready for me to go home, the good news is that I should be ready to go home by this weekend.

2 comments:

  1. No one knows better than I how INCREDIBLY frustrating voice and breathing issues are!! But go home you will, my friend :) They say patience is a virtue. Yeah? Well, sometimes it just plain sucks!

    Continuing to send healing light your way each day,
    aj

    ReplyDelete