Saturday, September 24, 2011

News from the North

Sheila and I unfurling the Mish flag made the front page of the Wawatay News in 2008
click to read
I received an email from my friend Sheila in Canada after I'd updated her on all the news from this summer. Thom and I met Sheila when we were down in Antarctica for the marathon and we've stayed in touch over the years.  She is an incredible woman, devoted wife and Mother and constantly achieving the goals she sets out for herself - she, like Thompson, will soon be joining the "Seven Continents Club" by having the unique distinction of running a marathon on every continent - She added so much on our voyage to Antarctica -   

Oh My Sweet.., What good news and terrible news. I wish I could give you a big hug and hold your hand. Congrats on your 30th. What a remarkable story of love and commitment.  You have with Thom, what most people will never experience.

You have in me, a friend who will never give up hope. You are, an incredible person who has so much strength and love to give, you make the rest of use look like under achievers.!  Joe if anyone can do this..., you can!  Tell that cancer to fuck off, no room at the Inn! We will not allow this cancer to have a place in your life, or our lives! For all of us that care for you, please get well. I will fly down to see you, walk down to see you, I will do what ever you want to help you get better. I promise you I will. I won't give you my first born cause I still like him.., but all else is on the table, except for the husband cause I still like him too! But everything else is on the table - really

My thoughts are with you and Thom..., please keep me in the loop

Love and miss you

Your favourite Scot/Canadian

I'm lucky and blessed to have so many great friends from all over the world.  Thank you all for the cards, emails, texts, offers of help and phone calls - It really does take a village!

No comments:

Post a Comment