Monday, September 26, 2011

Progress


I received good news about the CAT Scan I had last Thursday!

I met with the Chief of Radiology today and my last radiation treatment will be on Tuesday, September 27th - two and a half weeks (12 treatments) earlier than the last plan. It appears that the very ugly tumor has been reduced by an additional 10-15% since the last scan (around 40% overall).

He said the radiation I've already had will continue doing its thing for the next 3-4 weeks so we should see an even greater reduction (hopefully) and they don't want to hurt the good heart and lung tissues with continued radiation if I don't need it. (This might cause a realignment of my chemo treatments as without concurrent radiation treatments that might opt to be a little more aggressive with the chemo, but that is for another doctor's consideration on another day.)

So the good news is that as of the 27th I am currently done with radiation treatments!

2 comments: